The 'Advanced' settings allow you to modify information such as the date and time displayed on the terminal. It also allows you to delete old time records that have already been downloaded.
To get to the 'Advanced' settings follow these steps:
You will then see the 'Main Menu'
You will then see the settings menu.
Once in the 'Advanced' menu you will see the available options.
If you keep scrolling down in the list there are more options.
Here is details on the 'Advanced' menu options:
* Date and Time - This option allows you to set the date and time of the terminal and also allows you to change the format that the date and time are displayed in.
Click Here for more information about the 'Date and Time' settings.
* Verification Mode - You can change the way users are required to clock in and out at the terminal. Click Here for more information about the 'Verification Modes'
* Allowed # of Managers - This allows you to change how many managers can be created for the terminal. These are the people who will have access to the 'MENU' of the terminal. This setting only specifies how many can exist on the terminal and does not select who is the manager/administrator.
* Use Touch Sensor - This does not have any function in the current terminals. It should be left as 'Yes' (This option will not show on the EC-50)
* Sensor Security Level - This does not have any function in the current terminal. It should be left as 'No' (This option will not show on the EC-50)
* Update Firmware - This allows you to update the firmware (Software) thats on the terminal itself. This should only be done after consulting with our Technical Support team. Click Here for more information about the 'Update Firmware' option.
* Restore Factory Settings - This option is designed to reset all the settings in all the menu's to their default settings.
* Clear All Time Logs - As the time logs remain on the terminal eventually it may fill up. This option allows you to clear the time logs from the terminal. Click Here for more information about clearing data.
* Clear All Management Logs - When a manager/administrator access the menu of the time clock a log is entered so that you can later see when managers have entered the menu. This option allows you to clear the management logs. Click Here for more information on clearing data.
* Clear All Enrolled Data - This will clear all users and their fingerprints/proximity cards/pin codes. This option should not be used unless you have spoken to support first. Click Here for more information about clearing data.