What is a Pay Class?
The Pay Class contains a set of rules that assist in the layout and breakdown of the Employee work times. These rules consist of Overtime, Double-time and Lunch and Break settings, along with maximum work hours and overnight shift settings.
A default pay class has been setup in the Easy Clocking Cloud Software. Do not alter or change the default pay class.
Each user/employee will require a pay class to be assigned to them. You can create more than one Pay Class for different User types. For example, Salary versus Hourly employees.
To review/create a Pay Class, navigate to:
- Pay Class
Click on the Pay Class you wish to review
- Click Create Pay Class to create a new one
Pay Class - General:
- Pay Class Name (e.g. Weekdays)
What is the maximum continuous hours an employee will take breaks?
Essentially, this is asking you how long the work day is for any user that will be assigned to the Pay Class.
For example: If the employee works a standard, 8-hour day but is entitled to overtime and double-time, you will want to consider their regular hours + any potential over or double-time when inputting a value for the maximum continuous hours. Thus, 12 is the default value in the system. It would allow the employee to work the 8-hour day and earn up to 4 hours of overtime, if worked.
- Do employee work overnight (from one day to another) ? Enable this setting if the employees that are assigned to the pay class potentially cross midnight in their shift.
How do you want to make your calculation?
- Shift Base: Based on the shift assigned to the employee
- Workdays/Workweeks Base with start time: Based on a work-day that begins at a set time.
- Do you want to cut time at pay period end? Cut the employee's Regular hours, past midnight, on the last day of the pay period.
- Double time, every X day of the week and cut at X time.
Pay Class - Overtime:
- Do you want to pay overtime?
How do you pay overtime?
After X hours in a day
After X hours in a
- Count daily OT towards weekly OT
- Cut shift at the end of the week
- In the first X hours after X consecutive days in a workweek
- Count hours towards Total Amount for salaried employees
- What is the overtime rate?
Pay Class - Double Time:
Pay Class - Lunch & Breaks
If no, you will be prompted with the following options:
To the left:
To the right: Select pre-configured, specified breaks to enable per Pay Class. You can pre-configure specific lunches and breaks in the main Settings. Go to Settings, General, Lunch & Breaks, create new pre-configured break.
Pay Class settings can be edited at any given time, however, keep in mind that changing the settings within a Pay Class will alter the User/Employee's data history whereas changing the User/Employee's Pay Class from one class to another, will keep the history by prompting you with an effective date of change.